|Senior Technical Writer (Environmental Compliance Expert)
Paducah, McCracken, KY (42003)
Number of openings: 1
Application closing date: 8/25/2018
Deadline to apply is 7-31-18
Senior Technical Writer (Environmental Compliance Expert)
Under general supervision, performs publication and technical writing job functions as assigned by management. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Prepare manuals, pamphlets, letters and other documentation and provide support and assist in writing and review of all documents. This will include editing and standardization to established procedures
• Edit, standardize and update material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel
• Confer with individuals to establish technical specifications and to determine subject matter to be developed by publication
• Recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content and methods of reproduction and binding
• Study drawings, specifications, mockups and product samples to integrate and delineate procedures, sequence and detail
• Analyze developments in specific field; evaluate need to revise previously developed documentation
• May provide editorial and task-level guidance to less-experienced Technical Writers and personnel
• Perform writing duties complex in nature according to established standards and formats requiring in depth knowledge and understanding of the subject matter and allied field
• Performs duties complex in nature
• Other job-related duties as assigned
Work in an office at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities or industrial field environments). May also work at off- project sites representing the organization at various types of locations throughout the community for business purposes. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
• Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, • stooping, reaching.
• Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage. In some cases, radiological training may be required.
• BA/BS degree in a related field and 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Typical experience ranges from – 3 5 years.
• Master level PC skills to include Microsoft software
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Impeccable writing, spelling and grammar skills
• Experience working on projects which require adherence to environmental (NEPA, RCRA, CERCLA) and/or nuclear (DOE, NRC) regulations
• Environmental Compliance Expert
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
Applicants preferred to have at least a Bachelors degree or equivalent
Applicants are preferred to have had at least 5 years experience