|Injection Molding Technician
Paducah, McCracken, KY (42001)(public transit accessible)
Number of openings: 1
Application closing date: 9/10/2018
Working days vary
Normal work shifts: Varies
Hourly "Non-exempt" position
Injection Molding Technician
• Performing mold repair work on cavities and cores due to damage or wear.
• Noting any changes to molds, inserts, parts, etc.
• Documenting work and keep accurate records.
• Dissembling and assembling molds, analyzing and solving basic mold problems including flashing conditions, galling, venting, cooling problems, etc.
• Assembling, repairing, inspecting, cleaning and polishing molds using skill and care while handling and polishing critical surfaces.
• Laying out, fabricating and assembling metalworking dies, molds, and machine tool fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specification.
• Using a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments. Sets up and operates lathes, milling machines, electrical discharge machines, surface and cylindrical grinders.
• Interpreting drawings, evaluating machining methods on assignments and occasionally instructing other toolmakers and apprentices in the operation and setup of tool room equipment.
• Computing dimensions; determining machining and material or parts required. Perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions. Solving problems relating to unusual material, work-holding arrangements, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production processes.
• Keep work area clean and follow safety regulations.
Overtime may be requested to meet production needs
and be mandatory in some circumstances.
• Preferred experience in the injection molding industry.
• Prior background in plastic injection mold maintenance, repair and troubleshooting.
• CNC experience would be a real plus.
Between 40 and 40 hours per week
Salary and Benefits
The hours for this role are Full-time, Regular
Leave benefits include Paid holidays, Vacation/paid time off, Sick and Medical
Retirement benefits include 401K
Insurance benefits include Dental, Health, Life and Health savings