Summary of Position
The AML Compliance Officer is responsible for coordinating and monitoring day-to-day compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and other anti-money laundering (AML) laws and regulations, as well as sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). The AML Compliance Officer will be responsible for managing all aspects of Kingdom Trust’s BSA/AML/OFAC compliance program and for ensuring adherence to applicable AML and sanctions laws. The position will be located in our Murray office.
The AML Compliance Officer must be fully knowledgeable of the BSA/AML and OFAC sanctions requirements and seek out periodic training to maintain his or her knowledge and to remain current on new guidance and other changes respecting these requirements. The AML Compliance Officer must also understand the company’s customers, products and services, and geographic areas of operation, and the potential money laundering, terrorist financing, and sanctions risks associated with them. The AML Compliance Officer will periodically report to the board of directors regarding compliance with the BSA and OFAC sanctions.
The AML Compliance Officer is responsible for analyzing BSA, AML, and OFAC rules and regulations and applying them to the company as appropriate. These responsibilities include
(1) assessing the company’s risk with respect to these requirements; (2) identifying appropriate policies and procedures to address these risks and to ensure compliance; (3) ensuring that these policies and procedures are enforced within the organization; (4) providing counsel and training to the company’s lines of business on compliance with these policies and procedures; (5) re-assessing these policies and procedures on a regular basis to detect and address gaps or areas that must be updated to reflect new law; (6) overseeing reporting to, and other interactions with, regulators in connection with the administration of these policies, including in connection with any examination of the company by regulators for compliance with BSA, AML, or sanctions requirements; and (6) reporting to company executives and the board as appropriate on events surrounding the company’s compliance with AML and OFAC requirements.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in regulatory, compliance, analytics, risk management or internal audit with an AML focus in the financial services or consulting industry
• Thorough knowledge of AML regulatory requirements
• Heightened sense of urgency and ability to handle multiple priorities
• Strong organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Strong relationship-building skills
• Ability to influence others and think strategically
• Ability to quickly learn and use new systems, particularly AML and sanctions compliance software such as transaction screening software
Other Preferred Requirements:
• Ability to interpret and analyze complex regulatory concepts and apply in innovative ways
• CRCM (Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager), CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) or similar designation
• Advanced spreadsheet and database knowledge
• Experience in developing VBA macros in Microsoft Access and Excel or comparable system
• Knowledge of OFAC-administered sanctions requirements
• Knowledge of banking systems
• Financial crimes investigation, customer due diligence or other BSA or OFAC operational experience
Please submit cover letter and current resume to Resumes@KingdomTrust.com by May 31, 2018.