Grand Rivers, Livingston, KY (42045)(public transit accessible)
Number of openings: 1
Application closing date: 6/18/2018
Federal contractor, expires on 6/12/2020
Maintenance Mobile (180000KY)
OVERVIEW OF VULCAN MATERIALS COMPANY
Vulcan Materials Company is the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. We run our business with great discipline and integrity.
At Vulcan, our people share a competitive drive for excellence, in an environment of trust, teamwork, positive reinforcement, open-mindedness and communication.
Ours is a culture of mutual respect, integrity and committed spirit. Opportunity, community and unity is our way of doing business. We call it The Vulcan Way.
Primary duties include:
Responsible for servicing all mobile equipment(fueling, level checks, oil changes, etc.)
Performs oil sampling during fluid servicing
Inspects equipment conditions (wear, alignment, functioned.)
Performs with a minimum amount of supervision, the disassembly, overhaul, repair, brake assemblies, differential repair, transmission repair, electrical troubleshooting, hydraulic diagnoses and troubleshooting.
Interprets and applies information contained in technical publications and service manuals.
Using precision instruments such as micrometers and dial indicators
Inspect component parts of company serviced equipment and assist in ordering parts when performing a task.
Operates mobile equipment for maintenance purpose
Perform duties safety, responsibly and proficiently observing all safety and health rules.
Follows VMC manuals and guidelines and plant equipment service manuals.
Performs a variety of duties as directed in addition to those described herein
Maintain good housekeeping practices on equipment
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma/GED or an equivalent combination of training and work experience.
* Entry level to intermediate experience in maintenance area.
* Will work outdoors and exposed to varying and/or extreme weather conditions (i.e., heat, wet, cold, etc)
* May work in high and/or precarious places or cramped work space that requires getting into awkward positions.
* Must be able to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; grip, climb, reach, shovel, squat, crawl, or pull, push, as well as, bend and lift 45 pounds
* May be subject to wearing a respirator
* Vulcan Materials Company offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to r race, color, r religion, s ex (including pregnancy), s sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to r race, color, r religion, s ex, s sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.
Applicants preferred to have at least a High school diploma/GED or equivalent