|Electrical Work Control Planner
Paducah, McCracken, KY (42003)
Number of openings: 1
Application closing date: 7/17/2018
Electrical Work Control Planner
Deadline to apply is 7-16-18
• Under limited supervision, performs Work Control Planner job functions as directed by Management. Typical job responsibilities include assisting and supporting management with development of work documentation in a manner that reflects appropriate priorities for FBP and contract personnel and is consistent with applicable regulatory requirements and established FBP operational procedures. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Reviews and validates work requests and updates status in CMMS as appropriate
• Develops work control documents for all maintenance disciplines or project work groups at the site that captures all work elements and routes for approval
• Assembles planning team from appropriate functional areas to obtain all elements of work scope performance and capture in the work control document
• Conducts planning meetings, as necessary, to obtain input and comments on work control document development
• Develops work control documents for FBP performed work scope, contractor performed work scope and vendor performed work scope
• Identifies safety class of systems and applies appropriate planning requirements
• Ensures a hazard assessment is performed for all work and the work control document contains any required actions to mitigate the known hazard
• Supports job briefings, as necessary, with the assigned work groups
• Identifies permits, training, plant conditions and other requirements that support work performance
• Monitors and adjusts work schedule to reflect changing priorities/resources
• Performs a variety of technical, administrative and/or functional support for work control team
• Manages schedule development to maintain scope within the bounds of resource allocation
• Resource for lesser experienced team members
• Enters new dates for PM Work orders and other repetitive activities in CMMS
• Performs duties complex in nature
• Other job related duties as assigned
• Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
• Work in an office at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities or industrial field environments). May also work at off- project sites representing the organization at various types of locations throughout the community for business purposes. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
• Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
• Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage.
• In some cases radiological training may be required.
• High School diploma/GED and 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 5 - 8 years.
• Expert interpersonal and communication skills
• Expert PC skills including Microsoft software
• Expert organization and problem solving skills
• Maintenance background
• Detail oriented and multi-tasking capabilities
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
Applicants preferred to have at least a High school diploma/GED or equivalent
Applicants are preferred to have had at least 5 years experience