Construction Operator 1 - Sr. Construction Operator
Paducah, McCracken, KY (42003)
Number of openings: 1
Application closing date: 12/15/2018
Federal contractor, expires on 7/15/2022
Construction Operator 1 - Sr. Construction Operator- KMD3873
Under close supervision, entry level position performing construction and maintenance activities on distribution and transmission systems and facilities as applicable. Performs such work in accordance with Company, regulatory and safety procedures.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
1. Performs basic, routine work using clearly prescribed procedures. Seeks advice and guidance for any deviations from the norm.
2. Assists in the installation and maintenance of natural gas lines, meters and regulators.
3. May assist in conducting leakage surveys.
4. Completes and maintains accurate records and reports to comply with Company and regulatory requirements.
1. May be required to hold stand-by duty, work shifts, holidays, weekends, emergency call outs, and occasional extended hours.
2. Is subject to reporting outside regular work area.
3. Identifies, addresses, and reports safety and encroachment issues to their resolution and completion.
4. Is responsible for the safe operation and inspection of assigned Company vehicles and equipment.
5. Demonstrates support for and adheres to the Company's values, strategies, policies and procedures and learns the core values of AtmoSpirit, Customer Service, Safety and the Company's Code of Conduct both as an individual contributor, team member and/or leader of others.
6. Must become familiar with the contents of the Safety Manual, live by the spirit of its intent and become involved in creating and maintaining a safe working environment. Must complete all required safety training.
Requires a general educational knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Requires valid driver's license in accordance with Company standards.
Certificates, Licenses, etc.
While in this level, completes Gas Essentials and Construction Essentials workshops and completes companion Operator Qualification (OQ) and OJT. Must obtain and maintain position Operator Qualifications (OQs) and classroom training for position and any other required OQs and classroom training or certifications.
Requires ability to utilize the Company's internet/intranet web site and available resources for data entry, reference and/or retrieval tasks.
Requires the ability to communicate with internal/external customers in order to obtain and/or provide basic types of factual information.
Works outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to extremes of climate and temperatures, high noise levels, rough terrain, and occasional work on ladders, roofs, attics, and under houses as well as confined spaces. May require overnight travel.
May have residence requirement due to call-out response time.
Works as an individual contributor and/or as member of a team.
Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting.
Requires acute sense of sight and hearing (corrected or uncorrected) and strong sense of smell.
Must be able to lift tools, equipment and materials up to and including 60 pounds.
As a Safety-Sensitive position, pre and post employment screenings, including but not limited to drug testing as outlined by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), and motor vehicle record (MVR) background checks are required.
Primary Location: Kentucky-Paducah
3510 Coleman Road
Organization: KMD-Paducah-C&M/Service 
Opening Date (Period for Applying) - External: Oct 16, 2018, 12:00:00 AM
Atmos Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to r ace, color, r eligion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Applicants preferred to have at least a High school diploma/GED or equivalent