Paducah, McCracken, KY (42003)(public transit accessible)
Number of openings: 2
Application closing date: 6/9/2018
This position will perform tasks involving physical labor in a fast pace environment. May operate hand and power tools of all types. Responsible for industrial flooring installations in establishments such as industrial plants, highways, factories, etc. The installation process will be using various materials such as epoxies, mortars, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following:
· Prepares concrete surfaces for industrial floor coating.
· Install industrial floor coatings (i.e. epoxies, mortars, etc.)
· Polish concrete surfaces.
· Maintaining flooring equipment, which includes making repairs and ensure proper supplies are on-hand to complete all tasks.
· Maintain a clean and orderly job site and trailer.
· Ability to communicate clearly to co-workers, management, customers, and contractors.
· All team members will display a professional and positive attitude towards co-workers, management, customers, and contractors.
· Compliance with all health and safety rules and regulations.
· Strive to meet and exceed all production targets and deadlines.
· Ability to physically stand, bend, and squat.
· Able to work independently or as an active member of a team with minimal supervision.
· General duties directed by Superintendent.
· Reacts to change in productivity and special project assigned by management team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Communication Skills:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedures policies.. Ability to speak effectively with team members and management. Strong written and oral communication and affective listening skills.
· Detail Orientation:
Concern with accuracy and thoroughness; attentiveness to specific details. Ability to add and subtract as well as multiply and divide. Strong organizational skills.
· Work Planning/Time Management:
Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change. Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines in completing projects.
· Interpersonal Skills:
Provide high standards of ethics and integrity for quality work, safety, and job performance. Able to apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to travel 80 – 100%
Hotel is provided and they will receive $35 per day per diem.
Applicants preferred to have at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent